Skip to content
- The month of January is National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month.
- March 8th is International Women’s Day.
- May 3rd is Soroptimist International of Maui Club’s Birthday.
- In the Spring, cash awards are given out to outstanding youth in intermediate/middle school (Jr. Youth Citizenship Awards).
- In the Summer, an awards banquet is held where presentations are made to recognize recipients of the club’s Live Your Dream Award, Violet Richardson Award, and Sharon Okumura Nursing Award. New members are also inducted, and the new slate of club officers for the coming club year are installed.
- The month of October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
- October 3rd is Soroptimist Founders Day which marks the day of the very first Soroptimist club in Oakland, California in 1921.
- In November each year is Giving Tuesday, a day of global generosity and charitable giving.
- December 10th is Human Rights Day and the Soroptimist International President’s appeal when club members give up something for a day in order to donate money to this campaign. Focus of this appeal changes each biennium with the incoming Soroptimist president who selects an international project to provide direct assistance to women and girls.