- Partnering with community organizations and buying local. In anticipation of Maui’s long-term recovery needs after the widespread destruction from Maui wildfires, our club continues to partner with local organizations that align with our mission. We are also committed to supporting local women-owned businesses as the Maui economy adjusts in coming years after these devastating wildfires.
- Collecting period products and other supplies in coordination with Maui Strong efforts and Ma’i Movement.
- Donating formal dresses and accessories for high school women who are unable to purchase their own for formal events through The Bella Project.
- Supplying diapers, wipes, blankets, and other needed items to foster families who are caring for children through Child Welfare Services as part of the club’s Keiki Kare Pack Project.
- Running food drives for the Maui Food Bank.
- Helping with shelter improvement projects, collecting needed items, or hosting holiday parties for the women and children at the Maui Farm or the local domestic violence shelter run by Women Helping Women.
- Coordinating BINGO with prizes for the residents of senior assisted living communities.
- Organizing silent auctions for the American Cancer Society and other non-profits.
- Assisting with special projects at the Assistance Dogs of Hawaii training facility for service and therapy dogs.
Soroptimist International of Maui is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization that relies on your private donations, corporate contributions, and foundation grants. Your support allows us to continue our efforts to address the needs of women and girls in the local community and around the world.
Join us in our mission by donating now.